The REALTOR® Association of the Sioux Empire, Inc. has many opportunities for members to ‘Get Involved’ in your Association! Beginning with the call for Board of Director Nominees midyear, followed by the call for Committee Volunteers in Quarter 3; there is never a lack of volunteer opportunities. RASE has Committees and various Task Forces that meet throughout the fiscal year, December 1 through November 30.
Volunteering opens up a window of opportunities.
You will gain knowledge of the current happenings of the Association, be able to give your input, which will help shape the future of the real estate industry in your area, as well as have wonderful opportunities to network with your peers. Keep an eye on the Weekly RASE Review, along with the RASE Member Page of this website to get involved!
Keep an eye on your email for other volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
Chairs all committee meetings during appointed term of office; coordinates with committee members and staff to achieve assigned objectives. Liaison with elected officers and other committee leadership as required.
Within the limits of the charter and bylaws of the Association and policies established by the Board of Directors, the committee chairperson, with appropriate delegations:
- Chairs all committee meetings during his/her appointed term of office.
- Liaisons with elected officers and staff to develop annual committee objectives.
- Informs committee members of objectives and their expected individual contributions and responsibilities.
- Encourages active participation by committee members in the activities of the Association.
- Oversees the progress of committee members in completing assigned projects.
- Develops, with staff, the final agenda for each meeting.
- Approves the minutes after each meeting.
- Carries committee actions and concerns to the Board of Directors.
- Provides input to staff for completion of the annual planning and budgeting cycle.
- Recommends to elected officers potential committee leadership, as required.
- Ensures that timely meeting reports are forwarded to the Board of Directors.
Attends all meetings of the committee, prepares committee assignments, and works towards fulfilling the committee objectives.
- Attends all committee meetings.
- Carries out individual assignments that are made by the committee chairperson.
- Reviews all relevant material prior to the committee meetings. Prepares to make contributions and voice
- Objective opinions concerning committee issues.